This policy is applicable for the formations of following committee.
- Impartiality committee, and
- Certification committee
CEO based on the approval of Board of Directors forms / constitutes both the committee.
Chairman appoints two members for the Impartiality committee from the board of directors of SAAED, who are not involved in the certification activities. The initial impartiality committee appointed by management will review the objectives, elect the chairman and plan for further activities. Committee will identify the need for involvement of more persons in the committee based on the workload and then will appoint new members after receiving request from the
management. Impartiality committee will act as an impartially and independent body with no single interest predominating, to assist in the formulation of policy matters relating to Certification Scheme and its further
The Chairman of impartiality committee issues the request letters to the probable members by giving the details of the
Certification process and expectations from the committee members.
The Committee comprises suitably qualified persons with technical expertise, representing various interests, in a
balanced manner, who are nominated by the professional institutions, industry associations and users.
The Impartiality Committee meets at least twice in a year and additionally, as, and when required by the SAAED Management. The Impartiality Committee will at the request of SAAED. Board of Directors, consider and approve the expansion of the Committee by inclusion of additional members to represent the industry scope sectors for which accreditation is required from the accreditation bodies. The nomination of additional members shall ensure the balanced representation of various interests without any single interest to predominate. Access to all the information necessary to enable it to fulfill its functions as per the defined impartiality policy Annexure-1A. In the event of any existing Committee member’s resignation or inability to continue to undertake the functional responsibilities as per the terms representing the same scope sector and interests without disturbing the balance between various interests.
The Management Representative attends the meeting in an ex official capacity but does not have the right to vote. The Impartiality Committee has constituted separate Experts Panels comprising experts in each panel specializing in their
area of expertise to assist the Committee, as and when required, in their respective area of expertise.
The terms of reference of the Impartiality Committee, as follows.
- To formally approve the Impartiality Policy,
- To review and approve any proposed changes in the Rules and Regulations covering Certification Scheme.
- To provide general advice as and when required, in all matters relating to the proper implementation of the certification scheme including the mode and frequency of assessments in compliance with the requirements.
- To exercise an overview of continual financial viability of Certification Scheme and discuss the fee structure with the management to ensure that certification operations remain independent of any commercial pressures.
- The Impartiality Committee would verify operating accounts and discuss financial resources, if necessary, with the CEO of SAAED, who is a nonvoting member of the Impartiality Committee.
- Review the developments in the product certification and related fields in its operation and to provide unsolicited advice to the Board of Directors with a view to ensuring Impartiality and competence in the application of certification services in specified sectors.
- To act as an Appellant Body and to nominate members with appropriate qualifications to constitute an Appeals Panel at the request of the CEO, as and when an appeal is lodged against any decision of the Certification committee, in respect of the certification scheme.
- To decide whether any advice rendered, unsolicited or otherwise, in respect of the content and implementation of the certification activities is considered binding on SAAED for adoption within its certification scheme.
- To provide guidance for use of and meanings of the certificate, statements, and logo.
- To refer to the Accreditation body any inconsistency observed in the implementation of Certification Scheme approved by it, after taking due note of the reasons provided by SAAED where any recommendations made by the Impartiality Committee are not accepted by SAAED.
- Members of the Impartiality Committee and Appeals Panel will observe the confidentiality as per confidentiality policy Annexure-1B.
- The term of appointment of each member will be for a period of 3 years from the date of the nomination which may be extended for a further period of one year. The nominating organization may re-nominate the existing member or nominate a new member after the maximum term of 4 years.
- At least one third of the total number of the committee members are required to be present to constitute a quorum of holding a meeting. It shall be ensured that members constituting the minimum number required for quorum provide a balance of interests between the suppliers and the users.
- The Impartiality Committee shall elect a Chairman out of its members by simple majority vote. The Chairman will hold office for a period of three year but may be re-elected for a further term of one year.
- The minutes of the meeting shall be recorded and confirmed by the Chairman about the accuracy and content before being circulated to the members for comments and approval at the next meeting.
- To formally approve and accept the appointments of Senior Executives e.g., Certification Manager. The above terms of reference and procedure for the nomination of the Impartiality Committee will not be amended or altered without prior reference to the accreditation body.
- The Impartiality committee has the accessibility to all the relevant information as necessary to enable it to fulfill its function.
- Impartiality Committee reviews the overall performance of the SAAED on annual basis to check – Internal Audit / management review / external audit observations and findings / risk assessment / certification files / Auditor performance.
- Impartiality Committee responsible to provide inputs to any tendency to allow commercial or other considerations to prevent the consistent impartial provision of certification activities;
- Impartiality Committee responsible to provide inputs to matters affecting impartiality and confidence in certification, including openness.
- If the top management of SAAED does not follow the input of this policy, the committee formation shall have the right to take independent action.
CEO will be the head of the certification committee and followings are full time members of the committee.
- Certification Manager,
The roles and responsibility of certification committee is defined in the job description and will act accordingly. CEO is permanent Chairman of the Certification Committee. This committee is formed and will be there throughout. The decision on the certification will be taken by CEO based on the recommendation of the Certification Manager. The certification committee will jointly decide on granting, maintaining, extending, or reducing the scope of suspending withdrawing, or refusing certification. Certification scheme is decided and is approved by CEO after review and approval of the Impartiality committee.